Short blog but every blog counts!
I got home in the evening from a day trip to London to see a lovely friend. Thank you April! I’d committed myself to completing my run and still stick to my challenge, despite having a day where I took my foot off the ‘healthy eating pedal!’ A blast round my local park would suffice for this seventh consecutive run. Running outdoors, being surrounded by nature always nurtures me and restores. I don’t understand the appeal of running on a treadmill as I’d desperately miss:
- Seeing the trees change with seasons
- Watching the three herons fishing along the canal run I do
- The smells of the Cadbury factory when I pass it
- The feel of the wind on my face
- The vividness of natures colours as it stops raining and the sun comes out
- The sun or moon shining down on me
- Feeling a small part of a much bigger picture in the world.
- The sense of wonder as I explore a place on foot.